1) The first step in the application process is to fill in a preliminary application for the design process. EMI EA will review the preliminary application and, depending on the level of services required, may request additional information. For basic consultation, this may be all that's required prior to meeting to discuss your project. If a full conceptual or detailed design is required, additional information and a more detailed application may be required. Download the application.
2) After project approval EMI EA will mobilize a team of design professionals consisting of architects, engineers, planners, and/or surveyors, as appropriate. The team spends time with your organization, working closely with you to turn your vision into a design on paper.
3) We then spend time in the office putting together the conceptual plans. These plans can be used to assist you in raising the money needed for construction, to communicate your vision or to work with local officials in your planning.
4) As your project approaches construction, you may require a more detailed set of architectural and engineering plans. EMI EA is able to work with you to develop these more detailed plans. Many times a local architect must be hired to have these plans approved by the local government officials.
5) On occasion we can also mobilize construction managers to assist you during construction. Email to inquire about construction management assistance.